We offer a class for people interested in becoming covenant members several times throughout the year. We are currently updating our membership registration. Please check back soon.
What’s Membership all about?
Membership in the church is a unique relationship because it is a reflection of both our relationship with God and with other believers. When we come to faith in Christ, we are called members “of the household of God” (Eph. 2:19), “members of one another” (Eph. 4:25), and “members of his body” (Eph. 5:25). Being members of the church, therefore, is part of our new identity given to us in Christ. The Christian life is to be lived out in the context of the church community. But what is expected of us? How are we to contribute to the community?
Our covenant membership process at epikos seeks to make this clear. The first step is our Covenant Membership class (scroll to bottom for info and registration), where we walk through what Scripture teaches about what it means to have a relationship through Christ, how we are to now live, and how that is specifically expressed at epikos. Our desire is for you to come away with a clear understanding about why membership is an integral expression of our relationship with God.
If you are a follower of Christ, and call epikos your church home, we want you to become a covenant member of the church. Come to the class to learn how you can use your time, talents and treasures to contribute to the body, as well as how we want to help encourage you in your walk with Christ. We encourage you to prayerfully consider going through the process of becoming a covenant member.
The process includes:
- Attending the required Covenant Membership class. (Info and registration above).
- Completing a questionnaire. (Reviewed by the Small Groups + Discipleship team).
- Confirmed by Overseers.
Qualifications for Covenant Membership:
- Understanding of the gospel
- Faith in Jesus Christ alone for the forgiveness of sins through his death and resurrection.
- Have been baptized after becoming a believer (believer’s baptism) (download PDF)
- Affirms the epikos Church Statement of Faith (download PDF)
What is expected of Covenant Members?
- Regular Bible reading & prayer
- Involvement in an epikos small group
- Serving at epikos
- Cheerful, regular giving
- Pursuit of Christian lifestyle
- Regular attendance at worship gatherings
- Pursuit of healthy conflict resolution